Apple iTunes

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Leviathan: The Search Continues...

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the Harpoon Triticus and its mammoth 14% kick. This past Saturday, I went to the Asgard in Cambridge, and saw the familiar logo on one of the taps (the logo I recognized because I put it in my post, lo those many weeks ago.) I asked the bartender what it was, and he said it was the Leviathan Imperial IPA. Ah, so it was true. There was more in this Leviathan series. And at 10%, I could enjoy this and still settle in for an evening of drinking and baseball.

This was definitely different than the Triticus, not as think and Scotch-like. Still not to be chugged (and I can say this because I did down the last few gulps quickly) but certainly an excellent beer, one of the best IPA's I've ever tasted. And that is saying something.

The scoop on the Leviathan series? Well, from their website:

The Harpoon Leviathan Series surfaced at Harpoon in the summer of 2008. The series is an exploration in brewing big beers for adventurous palates. Leviathan beers will be brewed in 120-barrel batches. The beers will be available in 4-packs and on draft for distribution.

Crap! Summer? This is already Fall? Will I still be able to score this stuff? How many of them are there? Will it be back next summer? Will I ever see you again?

Clearly, this calls for a hard-target search or every liquor store, packy, bar, tavern, brewery or hole-in-the-wall dive in the Boston area. And if anyone sees or hears anything about this, sound the alarm and let me know. I will be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Custom Search