Apple iTunes

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reindeer Games - Brew Moon's Rim Job Opens New Doors

The other night, I attended a Christmas party in the sticks, and thus, had low expectations on the quality of beer served. I even brought my own six-pack of Winter Warmer just in case (Of course, I would never go to a friend's house and not bring beer. It's just uncouth.) However, I was pleasantly surprised to see someone had brought a twelve-pack of the Warmer, and also a twelve-pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration (which I've written about previously. Can ya guess that I kindsa likes it?)

But the real surprise came when I saw a gentleman rubbing the rim of his beer glass in a pile of cinnamon. I asked what the Hell that was about, and he said that he had brought two growlers of Brew Moon's Rudolph Red, and that is how they serve it in the restaurant. So, he brought along some cinnamon to go along with it. For those not in the know, Brew Moon is a restaurant and microbrewery that used to have several location around my area, and sadly they were all replaced by Rock Bottom, a wannabe brew pub if there ever was one.

Anyway, this nice young man invited me to cinnamon up and have a taste. It was quite extraordinary, actually. Two great tastes that taste great together, and I'm not really even a huge fan of red ales. But I love my cinnamon. Maybe that made all the difference.

What really amazes me is where people even come up with these ideas. Who sits around drinking and wonders what beer would taste like with cinnamon around the rim of the glass? And what other fantastic delights await us, waiting to be discovered by drunks? What if barbecue sauce tastes great around the rim of a glass of Harpoon and we just don't know it?

I say we try everything. Go forth, gentle reader. take a plunge or two and see what's out there. Dump cheese in your Sam Adams. Throw some salsa in your Dos Equus. You never know

No comments:

Custom Search